Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting WOMEN ONLY from Asia and the Pacific countries (specifically from the following sub-regions of East, Southeast, South and Central Asia and the Pacific) with relevant experience and skills to apply for the position of Programme Officer for the Labour Programme.
The successful applicant will work with our committed Secretariat and membership to advance women’s human rights, women’s organising power and advocate for Development Justice.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia and the Pacific, committed to women’s human rights and feminist movements. APWLD’s members are drawn from 27 countries and the Secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand with a satellite office based in Penang, Malaysia. If you are committed to supporting feminist, progressive movements, to labour rights and challenging structural inequalities, please apply to join our powerful team!
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia and the Pacific;
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic and socio-cultural environments in the region;
- Experience and knowledge of organising strategies to advance social and feminist movements. Experience in labour union organising is an asset;
- Experience and knowledge of (feminist) participatory action research with grassroots organisations and their communities;
- A degree in social sciences; law, human rights, development or women’s studies;
- Knowledge of international human rights, labour rights and development issues in Asia and the Pacific;
- Minimum of five years experience in development work and women’s rights at the national,regional or international level;;
- High level project management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership driven network;
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written and demonstrated ability to write for movements as well as programme reports and project proposals;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network in a multi-cultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders;
- Proficient ICT skills including ability to lead the development of programme content for website and social media ;
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Salary range commences at THB 51,750 (equivalent of USD 1,500 )per month. Other benefits include contributions to employment pension fund, social security and health insurance; housing allowance and relocation allowances for staff required to relocate to Chiang Mai, Thailand or Penang, Malaysia.
This is a full-time position with a 2-year contract (renewable). A probationary period of four months applies.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Application Form – On-line form (preferred); and downloadable form (attached)
- A sample of written work that demonstrates the applicant’s knowledge and analytical skills particularly in the area of women’s labour rights and development at the country, sub-regional and regional levels (e.g. an article, research and project / programme report, programme plan, statements)
On-line application is preferred but should email submission be easier, please send the documents via email with the subject line:
“Application for Programme Officer, Labour Programme”
to Marion Cabrera at email@example.com by no later than 25th November 2019, Monday, 6pm Bangkok time.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted