Internships at APWLD
APWLD encourages women from the Asia Pacific region to apply and values the contribution of grassroots women’s knowledge to our work. APWLD makes every effort to provide learning opportunities to women from the region a priority.
Work plan may include legal and social research, assistance in developing and writing position papers and generally supporting staff on other projects needs. Interested candidates need to be able to work within a team, work well under pressure and be able to handle multiple tasks. Desired qualities include written and oral communication skills in English, while knowledge of other language from the Asia Pacific region is an advantage. It is preferred that interns have excellent knowledge of their field of study or the sector they work with, and a working understanding of the issues APWLD deals with. APWLD endeavors to provide the experience that is relevant to the needs and interest of the interns.
For interested students, degree in social science or in law is an advantage. For activists/NGO workers, strong background and involvement in human rights and/or women’s movement is an advantage.
Please note, APWLD does not have paid internships and does not provide stipends for interns. The programme is for at least six (6) months.
We value the experience of grassroots women equally with the formal eligibility requirements below:
- Fields of Study: Degree in social sciences; degree in law an advantage. Advanced education in the field of social sciences, human rights and feminism an advantage. Current involvement commitments to women’s and/or human rights movement.
- Duration: At least six (6) months.
- Language: Skills in Asia Pacific languages other than English are desirable.
- Endorsement: Applications should be endorsed by either an educational institution or a member reference through a support letter confirming student’s interest.
- Travel and Visa: Interns/Volunteers are responsible for all travel expenses to Thailand and back to their home country. Applicants must obtain necessary visa in compliance with Thai immigration. APWLD will be able to provide a support letter to successful applicants for visa application purpose.
- Medical Insurance: Interns are required to have health insurance coverage valid in Thailand during their stay at APWLD. APWLD accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and /or illness incurred during the intern/volunteer assignment.
- Applications should be endorsed by an educational institution/NGO which the intern is currently involved in. Interns are required to have health insurance coverage valid in Thailand during their stay in APWLD.
- Graduate and undergraduate students who intend to work in a field relevant to APWLD activities and program focus are encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to women from the Asia Pacific region but women from outside the region may also be considered.
Interested applicants need to fill out the Internship Application Form and send it to email@example.com with a cover letter that briefly outlines your area of interest, availability and potential references (educational institution or APWLD Member Network), and include a copy of your CV.