Vacancy for Programme Intern
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women with a commitment to feminist movement building and capacity to work in a demanding and energetic Secretariat to apply for programme internships.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia Pacific, committed to building feminist movements and advancing women’s rights. APWLD’s members are drawn from 26 countries and the secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. (seewww.apwld.org)
Interns will work with programme staff across at least two programmes, providing research, administrative and communications support to Programme Officers.
Priority will be given to women from the Asia Pacific region but women from outside the region may also be considered.
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia Pacific ;
- A degree in social sciences; law, human rights or women’s studies or related field;
- Good command of English language, both oral and written;
- Knowledge of communication methods, particularly for diverse, multi-lingual audiences;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network and liaise in a multi-cultural environment;
- Strong research and organizational skills;
- Ability to speak an Asian language an advantage.
Internships are unpaid and visa and travel costs to and from Chiang Mai must be borne by the applicant. APWLD will support the processing of appropriate visas but not the cost. Other work related travel required during the placement will be covered by APWLD.
Internships may start at any time but must be for a minimum of six months duration.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
٭ application letter that addresses the selection criteria and intended period of internship (month & year)
٭two referees and endorsement letter from either an APWLD member or an endorsing institution
Applications and questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org