Call for participation: Asia Pacific Civil Society Forum on Sustainable Development 2016
Following on the progress of the region in bringing the concept of Development Justice to the attention of the global community, and the establishment of AP-RCEM in 2014, the Asia Pacific Civil Society Forum on Sustainable Development 2016 will bring civil society organizations from different sectors and countries together to explore common ground and actions and develop common messages for the APFSD, as well as coordinate strategies for more meaningful participation in the regional intergovernmental processes for sustainable development.
The Asia-Pacific Civil Society Forum on Sustainable Development will be convened by ESCAP in collaboration with Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) on behalf of Asia Pacific Regional CSO Engagement Mechanism (AP-RCEM) as a preparatory event for the APFSD.
Representatives of civil society organisations are invited to apply to participate in the following two events
- The Asia-Pacific Civil Society Forum on Sustainable Development : 31 March – 2 April 2016 in Bangkok
- The Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD 2016): 3 – 5April 2016 at Bangkok (A senior officials’ meeting is tentatively scheduled in the afternoon of 2 April 2016)
The APFSD 2016 will play a key role in shaping the region’s response to this ambitious and transformative development agenda.
The APFSD 2016 will:
- Engage member States, United Nations institutions and other institutions, major groups and other stakeholders on regional priorities for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Asia and the Pacific, reflecting ESCAP’s mandate for follow up and review,
- Address scientific and technological innovation for sustainable development and focus attention on urbanization through discussion on achieving Sustainable Development Goal 11 in the region,
- Strengthen the response to the 2030 Agenda through a regional road map for implementing the Agenda, and
- Agree on the APFSD’s form, function and modalities after 2016.
Submit the application form online .
Deadline: 28 February 2016 (for those seeking funding and all funded applicants)