Vacancy Call for Event Coordinator for the Women’s Tribunal (2020)
4th Asia Pacific Feminist Forum (2021)
Deadline of Applications: 3 January , Friday 6pm Bangkok
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women from Asia Pacific countries with relevant event organising experience and skills to apply for the position of Event Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity that would allow the successful applicants to be part of organising two major events for APWLD: (1) Women’s Tribunal in 2020; and the (2) 4th Asia Pacific Feminist Forum (APFF). While the two events may have different sets of objectives they are grounded in APWLDs core commitment for feminist solidarity and movement building for development justice.
The successful applicant will work with our committed Secretariat and membership to advance women’s human rights, women’s organising power and advocate for Development Justice. In particular, they would be expected to coordinate between the secretariat, the membership, partners, allies, and other relevant parties to facilitate decision-making and programme implementation across all aspects, including logistics, finance, and monitoring and evaluation.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia and the Pacific, committed to women’s human rights and feminist movements. APWLD’s members are drawn from 27 countries and the Secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand with a satellite office in Penang, Malaysia. If you are committed to supporting feminist, progressive movements, challenging structural inequalities, please apply to join our powerful team!
- A degree in law, gender, human rights, development and related studies.
- Knowledge of women’s human rights issues and its systemic causes in Asia Pacific.
- Working experience with diverse and membership-based women’s and other civil society organisations and peoples’ movement is preferred.
- Excels in event coordination for feminist, human rights or civil society organisations at national, regional or international level.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with diverse groups of people for event preparation
- High-level event management skills including project and budget planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation with detailed attention on logistical arrangements.
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network in a multi-cultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members, staff, participants and other stakeholders.
- Proficient ICT skills including the ability to manage social media, Google Suite tools, products and software.
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Remuneration and contract period
Salary will be at the equivalent of USD 1,500 per month. Other benefits include housing allowance and relocation allowances for staff required to relocate to Chiang Mai or to Penang.
The appointment is for a fixed term of 2 years starting as soon as February 2019.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Application Form – Online form (preferred); and downloadable form (attached)
- A sample of written work that demonstrates the applicant’s knowledge and analytical skills of women’s human rights issues and its systemic causes in the Asia Pacific (e.g. an article, research and project/programme report, programme plan, statements, issue briefs )
Online application is preferred but should email submission be easier, please send the documents via email with the subject line “Application for APWLD Event Coordinator” to Marion Cabrera at email@example.com by no later than 3rd January 2020, Friday, 6:00 pm Bangkok time.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.