We Are Hiring!
Vacancy for Central Asia Feminist Participatory Action Research (FPAR) Coordinator
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women from the Central Asia countries 1 with relevant experience and skills to apply for the position of Central Asia Feminist Participatory Action Research (FPAR) Coordinator. The successful applicant will work with our committed team and membership to advance women’s human rights and women’s organising power through Feminist Participatory Action Research.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia Pacific, committed to women’s human rights and feminist movements. APWLD’s members are drawn from 27 countries and the Secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand with a satellite office in Penang, Malaysia. If you are deeply committed to supporting feminist, progressive movements and challenging structural globalised inequalities, please consider applying to join our powerful team!
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia Pacific;
- Experience and knowledge of (feminist) participatory action research with grassroots organisations and their communities;
- A degree in social sciences, law, human rights or women’s studies;
- Knowledge of international human rights and development issues in Asia Pacific;
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic and sociocultural environments in Central Asia;
- Minimum of five years experience in development work and women’s human rights at the national or regional level;
- High level project management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in sub-grant management is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership driven network;
- Excellent command of English and Russian languages, both oral and written and demonstrated ability to write for movements as well as program reports and project proposals;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network in a multi-cultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders;
- Proficient ICT skills – familiarity in using online shared platforms such as Google Suite and Dropbox is preferred;
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Salary range commences at THB 51,750 (equivalent of USD 1,500) per month. Other benefits include contributions to employment pension fund; education allowance for children, 13th month salary, housing allowance and relocation allowances for staff required to relocate to Chiang Mai.
A probationary period of four months applies.
This is a full-time position with a 2-year contract (renewable) and will be based in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Three referees (at least two of which must be professional)
- A sample of written work that demonstrates the applicant’s knowledge and research and analytical skills particularly in the area of women, law and development in Central Asia (e.g. a report, a programme plan)
Please send these via email with the subject line “Application for CA-FPAR Coordinator position” to Kim Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10 August 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
 Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.