Jobs at APWLD
APWLD Vacancy Call for the Executive Assistant (EA)
Deadline of Applications: Friday, 16 October 2020, 10am (GMT +7)
Join our dynamic and powerful team!
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting WOMEN in all their diversities, including those belonging to minority and marginalised groups from Asia and the Pacific countries (specifically from the following sub-regions of East, Southeast, South and Central Asia and the Pacific) with relevant experience and skills to apply as Executive Assistant. The successful applicants will work closely with the committed Secretariat to support organisational management, sustainability and development. If you are a passionate individual, who believes in the power of peoples’ movement to bring about structural change, and committed to support feminist progressive movements through strengthening organsiational management, sustainability and development of APWLD, please do apply!
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia and the Pacific.
- Experience in working with a movement-based organisation such as feminist movements, indigenous peoples, farmers, migrants, workers, fisherfolk, Dalits, LBTQI, or other movements; and in-depth understanding of the political, economic, and socio-cultural environments in the region and its impact on women’s human rights is an asset.
- Experience in desk research, legal research, qualitative and quantitative research skills, and analysis grounded in feminism and human rights.
- A degree in management, administration, organisational development, or women’s studies.
- Two to three years’ experience in supporting leadership and management within human rights and development organisations.
- Well-developed organisational skills, effective liaison; manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner; able to multitask and prioritise tasks, keen attention to detail, and excellent in time management.
- Proficient computer skills – familiarity in using online shared platforms such as Google Suite, Dropbox, Last Pass and video conferencing tools (ZOOM, GoToMeeting and Google Meet).
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership-driven network and its allies.
- Excellent communications skills and command of English language, both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to network in a multicultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders.
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist and work closely with Regional Coordinator/Deputy Regional Coordinator to provide effective liaison; management of information flow, workflow and office communications between the Regional Coordinator/Deputy Regional Coordinator and the Secretariat
- Provides the Regional Coordinator/Deputy Regional Coordinator with logistical, administrative support and travel arrangements, including handling correspondences directed to Regional Coordinator and Deputy Regional Coordinator
- Maintains and organises institutional work calendar, membership database and email account of APWLD
- Provide support to APWLD’s (annual and quarterly) governance meetings
- Organise and coordinate Secretariat staff meetings
- Provide or facilitate documentation support during Secretariat, Programme and Management Committee; and Regional Council Meetings
- Acts as the point of contact between Regional Coordinator/Deputy Regional Coordinator and APWLD’s strategic allies when necessary
- Assist in drafting internal and external communication –emails, presentations and reports for Regional Coordinator/Deputy Regional Coordinator
Salary range commences at THB 34,500.00 (equivalent of USD 1,000) per month. Other benefits include contributions to an employment pension fund, social security, and health insurance; housing allowance and relocation allowances for staff required to relocate to Chiang Mai, Thailand.
This is a full-time position with a 2-year contract (renewable). A probationary period of four months applies.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Online Application Form (preferred); or downloadable form
- A sample of written work that demonstrates the applicant’s writing and communication skills (e.g. programme report, programme plan and statements)
Online application is preferred but should email submission be easier, please send the documents via email with the subject line “Application for Executive Assistant (EA)” to Marion Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 16 October 2020, 10am (GMT +7).
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted